The AEEP Forum 2023 is a virtual event organised by the Secretariat of the Africa-EU Energy Partnership (AEEP) and hosted on Wix. This statement describes how and for what purpose your data is collected and used and what options you have in connection with personal data.
The Secretariat of the Africa-EU Energy Partnership (AEEP) is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, which is responsible for data processing as a controller.
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 36 + 40, 53113 Bonn
Dag-Hammarskjöld-Weg 1–5, 65760 Eschborn
Contact: info (at) aeep-secretariat.org
Contact details of the data protection officer: datenschutzbeauftragter (at) giz.de
The Secretariat of the Africa-EU Energy Partnership (AEEP) is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. GIZ is a public-benefit federal enterprise for international cooperation, which works as a federal enterprise under private law.
We attach great importance to data protection. The collection and processing of your personal data (such as your name, your e-mail address or organisation and country) is carried out in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We collect and process your personal data in order to be able to offer you the above-mentioned portal (legal bais Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR). Registered members are stored on the server and can be displayed in a participant list. Users can choose which of their provided details they would like to be visible to other users on the platform. Users can also decide not to be shown in the list of participants or to only show their name, for example. This data is stored anonymously. The data is stored in the backend either in the content management system of the website (visible to organisers) or in the database (not visible).
The collected data will only be used for the services used within the website. The data will only be passed onto third parties if we have a valid legal basis for such transfer.
1. Event Platform - Services with Login
When using services that require a login, a data transfer between the platform and the data server of Wix (data processor of GIZ) takes place. The data is being processed on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR to enable the user participation in the event.
2. Receive Messages (Push-Notification)
No push technology is used on this website.
3. Interactions on the Platform
The user can decide to share an update via the platform, only via a post on the chat that is visible to everyone.
4. User Account
To access the live streaming, you only need to use your email address and the password received in the confirmation email.
No user account will be created.
The event site uses Wix to analyse user behavior like clicks and views on the platform. Cookies are set with your consent. The data is being analysed and processed anonymously, as the data is stored under pseudonyms (generated decentrally, i.e. on the user side).
6. Reference to user rights
Users of the app have the rights:
- To obtain information about their data stored by us (Article 15 GDPR)
- To have their data stored by us rectified (Article 16 GDPR)
- To have their data stored by us erased (Article 17 GDPR)
- To obtain restriction of processing of their data stored by us (Article 18 GDPR)
- To object to the storage of their data if personal data are processed on the basis of the first sentence of Article 6 (1) 1 f and e GDPR (Article 21 GDPR)
- To receive their personal data in a commonly used and machine-readable format from the controller such that they can be potentially transmitted to another controller (right to data portability, Article 20 GDPR).
- To withdraw their consent to the extent that the data has been processed on the basis of consent (Article 6 (1) a GDPR). The lawfulness of the processing on the basis of the consent given remains unaffected until receipt of the withdrawal.
In the case of revocation, it is not possible to participate in the AEEP Forum 2023.
To revoke consent, please send an email to: email@example.com.
Should you have any questions or complaints relating to this statement or the processing, you can contact the GIZ data protection officer at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to approach the data protection authorities with complaints. The authority responsible is the German Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BfDI).